quarta-feira, 9 de maio de 2012

[…]
Roger: I can see you, you’re beautiful.
Jane: You always say that. It’s all you ever say.
Roger: Now I know why your friends are so smart.
Jane: Catherine is not my friend, she’s my doctor.
Roger: I knew that, but I didn’t know it.
Jane: Sometimes I think she knows me better than you do.
Roger: Do I want to know?
Jane: Probably not.
Roger: Because it’s over?
Jane: She’s just waiting for me to say it
Roger: And what does she think of me?
Jane: She thinks I’m waiting for you to say it.
Roger: But instead you wrote me this poem tonight, didn’t you?
Jane: I knew we were going somewhere and I didn’t want it to be here.
Roger: Do you feel as relieved as I do?
Jane: All I can think about is having an affair. I see them everywhere.
Roger: You never cheated on me?
Jane: There was a kiss, I stopped it. And then I was mad at you. You didn’t appreciate it, even though you didn’t know about it.
Roger: A younger man?
Jane: No.
Roger, that’s always been real. And I won’t even ask about you. I just know for a fact that you did not fell in love.
Roger: So what was wrong again?
Jane: You don’t like me.
Roger: I did.
I really did.

Jane: Is it morning?
Roger: Yes.
I’m sorry I always say it but you are so beautiful.
Jane: Last night was beautiful.
Roger: It was, wasn’t it?
Jane: Where are you going?
Roger: Out the door and into the elevator I suppose.
Jane: What about me?
Roger: You can take your time, obviously. I figured I just checked into a hotel for a while. I don’t want to displace you.
Jane: What are you talking about?
Roger: I imagined all the screaming and fitting and lawyers… it’s just so beautiful. How we were able to be there together in the truth like you wanted.
Jane: Are you leaving me?
Roger: No, we’re leaving each other just like you said.
Jane: I didn’t say that.
Roger: You did. You said so many amazing things, you were speaking German.
Jane: I don’t know German.
Roger: You were quoting your father.
Jane: Must have been Yiddish. I was on drugs; I obviously didn’t mean any of it.
Roger: So your psychiatrist didn’t tell you you knew this was over but you were waiting for me to say it?
Jane: I did say that. 
Roger: It’s good that you did because we both knew it.
Jane: No. I don’t know.

It’s going to be very expensive.
Roger: I know.


in Mad Men, season 5, episode 6, “Far Away places”.

Sem comentários: